This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Lighting Change

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by aronson, Aug 22, 2005.

1. aronson

aronson Prolific Poster

Hello all,

Woke this morning to find that my one of my two CF bulbs (a 55W/6500K) was split at the end. With no LFS in convenient driving distance I ran to the local electrical supply house and picked up all they had in stock -- a 55W/3500K.

Is this a bulb I should refrain from using for the long term? Aside from it's garish red hue is this a bulb that will be of benefit or detrement to my plants in the long term? My other bulb is a 65W 50/50.

Then I got to thinking... Should I change both bulbs? Any suggstions?

Thanks,
    Adam

2. Greg Watson

Greg Watson Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Re: Lighting Change

In Tom's March Barr Report on Lighting (you can read it here: http://www.barrreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308 ) ... Tom writes:

Tom continues and writes:
    But here is the most important kicker in my opinion ... Tom continues to write:
    ... so ... in the end ... I think it is your perception that probably matters most ... so when you write "aside from its garish red hue" ... I think that your opinion about whether it is garish or not is the most important factor for you to consider ...

If you like the red I suspect it will be just fine ... if you don't ... then change out the bulbs when the budget next allows for it ...

Greg

3. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Re: Lighting Change

Hellolights.com is (was?) selklinjg 8800K bulbs that have a great spectrum and COLOR for 2 for 1 pric e at 21$ sp about 11 $ ea!!!!

Make sure you get the right pin configuration!!!!!

Regards,
    Tom Barr