This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

lighting a 250 gallon tank

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by islanddave, Aug 10, 2015.

1. islanddave

islanddave Subscriber

Local Time:
    6:44 AM
    I need some advice on lighting this monster. It measures 60 l x 36 d x 27h. It was going to be a reef tank.but I guess the pull of having another planted tank is strong. Also the high maintenance and cost of a reef scared me off.

I would like the tank to be a nature aquarium with co2.injection. open to suggestions.

Thanks

2. Sukrol

Sukrol Member

Local Time:
    BuildMyLed.com highest par ratings around for LEDs efficient as well...

3. islanddave

islanddave Subscriber

Local Time:
    Oh yeah sorry I thought I mentioned it in my post but I didn't I would not deal with that company anymore I had a bad experience with their.products and even though they refunded my money minus a restock fee. ......restocking what I asked lights that wouldn't work? I lost a lot of.mo ey in brokerage and duties plus taxes plus having my tank crash.....so never again. Plus I found their lights to be very dim lumen wise yes.tbey might have good par but I also enjoy.looking at my tank and if it.always looks dark I find it.very annoying.never again

#3 islanddave, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
  4. islanddave

islanddave Subscriber

Local Time:
    Does anyone have any experience with ati sun power fixtures?Would a 48" x 8 54w unit light this tank. I got the impression that the dimmable units have problems with them

Thanks

5. vilenarios

vilenarios Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Hey Islanddave,

Perhaps check out http://www.reefbreeders.com and look at the Photon or Photon-W LED fixtures, and use a planted tank spectrum. Their lights, while they dont have the bells and whistles like wifi/weather/etc, do have wireless controls and ramp up/down and their par seems to be insane and should be able to work with your tank height. It may be tricky though to find a good combo of their lights with your exact tank specs. They have a light fixtures x tank tizes spreadsheet on their FAQ that may be some assistance. Or you could just contact them directly. They would be more than happy to work something out.

6. islanddave

islanddave Subscriber

Local Time:
    Thanks for the suggestions.........I'm hoping Tom Barr might respond you have helped.me a great deal in the past. Actual height of the inside glass is 25" and with 3" of substrate so total height would be 22"............yup I'm good at math LOL. I am thinking maybe ATI dimmable sunpower.but have they bresolved their issues?

#6 islanddave, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015