This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Light type multipliers?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by PEdwards, May 2, 2017.

1. PEdwards

PEdwards Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:25 AM
    Hey all,

Some time ago I read a post, possibly by Tom, that gave general multipliers of light output for different types of lights. I seem to recall it being based on PC, with T5 being 1.5x PC, LED being 2x PC, and MH being 3x PC.

Does anyone else recall seeing something like this?

Cheers,

Phil

2. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

Local Time:
    8:25 PM
  3. PEdwards

PEdwards Junior Poster

Local Time:
    4:25 AM
    Nah, the post I was looking for is a lot simpler than that. It basically just says T5 lighting is X times stronger than PC, etc. I just got a T5 fixture that's running almost exactly the same wattage as my old PC retrofit array and I'm just curious about how much stronger the T5 will be than the old PC array. It's just simple curiousity. I've got a PAR meter now to tell me exactly how much light the T5 is putting out. :)