This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Light For My New Tank.

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by DeepMetropolis, Mar 4, 2018.

1. DeepMetropolis

Local Time:
    2:10 PM
    Hello all,

I'm planning on a new tank with the dimensions 130x50x50 cm that is about 51x20x20 inch with CO2 injected.
    Want to place led spots instead of a long led bar, Kessil spots are very expensive here so I had Aquamedic in mind, the specs from their site is :

---
    Dimensions (housing) app. 80 x 80 x 65 mm
    Weight incl. holder app. 725 g
    Number of light channels 2
    Number of light colours 6
    Illuminated area max. app. 500 x 500 mm
    PAR value 1450 µmol m-2s-1
    Total lumen app. 1364 lm
    Total consumption 50 watts max.
    Power supply transformer 100-240 V / 50-60 Hz
    Power supply light 24 V
    ---

There would be mostly Buce's and ferns planted but would like some Rotala and Ludwigia to my layout will be some island kind of style so I would place the spots slightly more to the center.

So the big question is would two of these be sufficient enough or do I really need three of these boys?

2. DeepMetropolis

Local Time:
    2:10 PM
    I went ahead and bought the lights. Tested them on my existing tank and it lights are absolutely stunning. Still wondering if they will have enough spread for my new tank where i am still waiting for, if not i order one extra.
    The only down side of it is the controller I can program different schemes but they don't transfer smooth there is morning light and suddenly boom there is day light i little fade for the transition would be allot better.