This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Light aquatic reading for the not so faint hearted <grin>

Discussion in 'Off Topic and Chat' started by Greg Watson, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Greg Watson

Greg Watson Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Some of you know that I am an avid collector of aquatic literature; someday, I hope to endow a "collection" in a library that will hopefully allow us to retain some of the aquatic literature that is being lost ...

That said, I have a lot of book dealers that periodically send me notices about recent aquisitions they have run across ... many of which I try to pick up as budgets may allow ...

Today in the mail, I received several that I found humorous enough to share here:

Now here is one that I just want to rush right out and get ...
    1. Marine Diatoms from the Coasts of Iceland. 394 pages, 1918

And often there are once in a lifetime opportunities to grab books that may disappear simply due to a lack of broad enough interest ...

1. Freshwater Fishes of the USSR and Adjacent Countries. Over 1200 text figures and a colored folding map. 8 Volumes.
    2. Marine Fishes of the Pacific Coast of Mexico. 102 plates (43 colored). 1937
    3. Relationships of Some Marine ORganisms of the Northeast Pacific to Water Temperatures. 8 volumes. 1961
    4. Coastal Fishes of Oman. 1153 colored photographs. 1995
    5. The Fishes of West Virginia. 1995
    6. The Fishes of Ohio. 1957

Then sometimes you run into a title that just sounds interesting ... this is one I want to play with ... electricity, water, and fish ... honest, I read about it in a book ...

1. The Effects of Electric Currents on Fish. 52 text-figures. 1973

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder

Re: Light aquatic reading for the not so faint hearted <grin>

I have some very old literature from the 1950's on aquatic plant horticulture.

I'll likely make it available to the membership and see about a reprint for a months article.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. Greg Watson

Greg Watson Administrator

Re: Light aquatic reading for the not so faint hearted <grin>

Anything that you (or anyone else) do not want, please drop me a quick note and I'll be happy to send you shipping money ... books ship really cheap via Media Mail ...

Greg