This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

LFS Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Dfish2020, Jul 29, 2017.

1. Dfish2020

Dfish2020 New Member

Hi guys new to the forum, hope you and your tanks are doing well..

So I'm curious to know some of your pet peeves or frustrations with your lfs, disclosing store is not needed but I sure can't stop you.

My first pet peeve would be when they store has an assortment of potted plants and none of them are labeled! I am one that wants to know what exactly what's going in my tank.

Second would be that store who keeps 55 gallon tanks with a hodge podge mix of 5 or more species in the same tank.

Anyways got that off my chest feel free to share yours, heck maybe a store owner is out there lurking and can use this information to better a business.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Dennis Singh

Dennis Singh SynKing!

I hate their rush of netting fish. Patience and carefulness will catch that fish way quicker without disrupting and causing stress issues.

3. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

My pet peeve, is when you say (for example), " can I have 5 Celestial Pearl Danios" and then they net a giant zebra danio, "no that's not a CPD sir....?" then he says "yea it is" then I flip the table, drop the mic and walk out.

4. SingAlongWithTsing

SingAlongWithTsing Junior Poster

not enough plants and hardscape. i mean they have a lot of malaysian driftwood but that's about it. manzanita might be there every now and then but eh. kinda pissed at myself for skipping out on usual weekly visit cuz someone snagged all the wood in their 220 display lol.

5. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

Pester me then.

6. Dale Hazey

Dale Hazey Junior Poster

I agree with Syn, the rush to net a fish with lightning speed. I live in a big city, but there ain't much in the way of plants available. Most lfs besides Petco and PetSmart are just salt water. There is 1 dedicated freshwater but no plants. One of the saltwater stores has a small section of freshwater and one 120g tank with plants, very pricey though, and they usually look bad. Petco sometimes gets an assortment of different stem plants that are in water not tubes, usually unlabeled. The fish there are always dead and the tanks empty. PetSmart near me has a massive die off of their entire fish stock every 2 months. There is only one tropica dealer about 20 miles away through heavy traffic. That store has tons of plants, but they are very expensive.

Dale

#6 Dale Hazey, Aug 6, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
    DutchMuch likes this.
  7. bshenanagins

bshenanagins Junior Poster

You have to admit though, they are quite skilled at netting that one fake plant decoration amongst the 15-20 fish they are "attempting" to catch.

DutchMuch likes this.
  8. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

*takes EVERYTHING out of the tank in order to catch 1 amano shrimp*