This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Learning based on general observations

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Mastertech, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Mastertech

Mastertech New Member

Local Time:
    4:08 AM
    I have found in my saltwater experiences, general observations with less than perfect testing will get you just about as far as very specific tests with
    little observational conculsions. the same seems to hold true for planted tanks.

i have only had my plants underwater for a week and a half, i have performed simple liquid indicator kh tests and ph and get a general setting for the
    co2, i have observed the beginings of algae growth and made adjustments based on very simple observations.
    moving water column flows and increasing co2 has produced a positive affect within only a few days.
    simple observations like location of algae growth and amount of change based on conditional improvements have resulted in the desired results.
    changing water flow has reduced algae growth.
    changing co2 has reduce algae growth and increased plant growth.
    performing small 1/2 gallon water changes daily (on a 10 gallon) has reduced surface skim and decomposing debris also reducing available toxifying
    componants.

all very simple but very affective.
    im sure i will experience more difficulties with this method but im sure with time, experience and observations a very clean and healthy tank could be
    established with a lower initial cost of operation.

im not a proponent of this method i would just like to increase the confidence of others with limited funds who would like to venture into this rewarding
    hobby.

please post other simple observations which have lead you to positive changes you have made that allow a more plesant experience.

kevin w.

#1 Mastertech, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014