This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Larger Flexible Drain Hose For Overflow Box

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by gsjmia, May 13, 2018.

1. gsjmia

gsjmia Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    9:58 AM
    Hi, I am putting together an overflow box for a new 220 gallon tank. To get a 10x turnover, I am planning on about 2,000 gallons per hour. I think I will need at least 3 maybe 4, 1" hoses to carry the return capacity using a Bean Animal style arrangement.

I have used these Eshopps 1" ID style flex hose in the past and they work great especially the way that the hose cuff just slides over 1" pvc, makes it easy to remove when cleaning.

[​IMG]

Rather than have 4 x 1" hoses, it would be nice to have maybe 2 x 1 1/2" hoses.

I have tried all the pool flex hoses and cuffs at home depot, lowes and onliine and can't find anything that works like the Eshopps hoses.

I would like to stay away from flex PVC (stiff and expensive) barbed fittings (prone to leak) and clamps.

Does anyone know of any such bigger hoses?

Have a better way?

Thanks

#1 gsjmia, May 13, 2018
    Last edited: May 15, 2018
  2. Jason King

Jason King barrreport.com
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    9:58 AM
    Testing something..

Tags: