This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Large Crinum calmistratum

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by bpimm, May 27, 2013.

1. bpimm

bpimm Junior Poster

Local Time:
    12:00 AM
    Hi All, I haven't been on here in quite some time. That being said I'm floating the idea of removing the centerpiece plant from my 80 Gal. It's getting a bit large for the tank and I would like to find someone building a large tank that would like something like it for a centerpiece. I don't have a time frame for getting it out of the tank yet so I can accommodate a build timeline. If I cant find a home I will probably separate it and sell it off as smaller plants. The plant is a Crinum calmistratum, the bulb mass is about 6" across. I don't have a clue how many bulbs are in it but it's quite a few. It would like a tank that is 4" deep or more as the leaves are 6' or longer. This would be a beautiful plant in a deep tank. The depth from the top of the gravel to the top of the exposed glass in the pic is 19", that will give you an idea of the size of this thing.

The tank is in disarray as I haven't done any maintenance on it for about 4 years! Don't freak out yet, the tank is a soil based tank and is on a continuous water change system so it is basically maintenance free other than feeding.

Here are the pics, crappy camera but you can get the idea.

View attachment 4482

View attachment 4483

That's a 6" stainless ruler at the base of the plant.

If i can find a big home for this guy it will probably be a ROAK but I haven't decided yet.

I didn't put this in the for sale area because as of now it's not for sale, Hopefully I can find someone to give it a new home.

Brian