Lamotte nitrate kit

R

ronaldj

Need to replace my nitrate test kit. I've decided on a Lamotte kit. There are two that I see are used for aquarium; a low level (10 ppm) kit, and a nitrate-nitrogen kit (0-15 ppm ). Which one do I get? Thanx in advance

Gbark

Guru Class Expert
Jun 15, 2009
ronaldj;48571 said:
Need to replace my nitrate test kit. I've decided on a Lamotte kit. There are two that I see are used for aquarium; a low level (10 ppm) kit, and a nitrate-nitrogen kit (0-15 ppm ). Which one do I get? Thanx in advance

I believe Lamotte are good test kits,

It depends on which levels you want to measure. I think the 0-15ppm as N is the equivalent of about 0-66ppm NO3 :)

I have just ordered a Palintest Nitrate as i can't get lamotte easily in the UK i have chosen 0-20ppm NO3

Gbark

Guru Class Expert
Jun 15, 2009
Gbark;48614 said:
I believe Lamotte are good test kits,

It depends on which levels you want to measure. I think the 0-15ppm as N is the equivalent of about 0-66ppm NO3 :)

I have just ordered a Palintest Nitrate as i can't get lamotte easily in the UK i have chosen 0-20ppm NO3

sorry i may have that wrong, it looks like they sell 2 kits depending on accuacy it looks like they both measure Nitrate as Nitrogen. I would get the 0-10ppm in this case:)

The other difference is one uses tablets and the other powders

Last edited by a moderator: