This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Lamotte nitrate kit

Discussion in 'Estimative Index' started by ronaldj, Mar 28, 2010.

1. ronaldj

ronaldj Guest

Local Time:
    10:47 PM
    Need to replace my nitrate test kit. I've decided on a Lamotte kit. There are two that I see are used for aquarium; a low level (10 ppm) kit, and a nitrate-nitrogen kit (0-15 ppm ). Which one do I get? Thanx in advance

2. Gbark

Gbark Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    4:47 AM
    I believe Lamotte are good test kits,

It depends on which levels you want to measure. I think the 0-15ppm as N is the equivalent of about 0-66ppm NO3 :)

I have just ordered a Palintest Nitrate as i can't get lamotte easily in the UK i have chosen 0-20ppm NO3

3. Gbark

Gbark Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    4:47 AM
    sorry i may have that wrong, it looks like they sell 2 kits depending on accuacy it looks like they both measure Nitrate as Nitrogen. I would get the 0-10ppm in this case:)

The other difference is one uses tablets and the other powders

#3 Gbark, Mar 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2010