Koralia 'copies'

ibnozn

Mar 7, 2008
Cheap reefer secret: DIY eductors increase powerhead output by around 5x and cost about $2 to make. ;)

C

CL_

I just bought a 3200 GPH sunsun dual head powerhead thing from ebay for $30 shipped for my container pond. Needless to say, it's the real deal.
It's at the very bottom of a 26 inch deep container pointed straight up:
f52jus.jpg

2ezlnjc.jpg

14iorw4.jpg

The zebra danios love it.

shoggoth43

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2009
Any links with Pics?

-
S

ibnozn;49508 said:
Cheap reefer secret: DIY eductors increase powerhead output by around 5x and cost about $2 to make. ;)

scottward

Guru Class Expert
Oct 26, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
Hi Chris, cool photos. In the photo where you are holding the pump, I can see the orange box in the background, the one I have is the middle one. It is working quite well at the moment.

Does the shaft (well, shafts) on yours connect into anything at the front? There is a rubber bushing at the back of the shaft on mine, but not at the front. Occassionally causes a bit of a rattle, I think?

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
After All These Years, I Am Still...

Hi S,

I do not know if this is what ibnozn (fine sound system) was talking about but this is very similar to the first eductors I used.
http://www.reefs.org/forums/topic82319.html amazingly effective, still a fan after all these years. :cool:

I will try to find them there are some amazingly effective designs; some are a bit too involved, for my tastes, well, abilities. :eek:

If you have pressure rated pumps, with 10 feet of head to spare the commercial eductors cannot be beat. :cool:

Biollante