This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

Kn03 ?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by alexandre, Jul 1, 2005.

1. alexandre

alexandre Junior Poster

Currently I am using Flourish Nitrogen witch I don't know if I dose proprely.
    So today I was looking for some KN03 to dose with my KH2PO4 & K2SO4 from Greg Watson.
    I found some 25KG bag but the lady in the shop wasn' t speaking a lot of english so I could not get any information from her, this is what is write on the bag:

Krista-k tm
    EC- Fertilizer

Potassium Nitrate

NK Fertilizer 13.5

Total Nitrogen (N) 13.5%
    of wich
    Nitric Nitrogen (N) 13.5%

Potassium oxide (K20)
    Water soluble k20 45,5% (37.8%K)

Low in chlorine

So is it OK to use this stuff or shall I carry on my search & what shloud I looking for?

Thanks for the help.

2. Greg Watson

Greg Watson Administrator
    Staff Member Administrator

Re: Kn03 ?

It should be just fine ...

Greg

3. alexandre

alexandre Junior Poster

Thank‘s Greg.
    But I am not very sure if I dose properly, because I use a scale (0.1gr) and every body seam to use teaspoon. So maybe you can tell me in gram a weekly schedule for KN03, KH2P04, K2S04 and Flourish, my tank is a 40G with pressurise CO2 and 2,5 WPG.
    Thank s for the help.

4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator Social Group Admin

The 1/4 teaspoon is about 1.67 grams.

See Chuck Gadd's dosing calculator.
    They have weights.

I started suggesting 1/4 teaspoons by doing something rather simplwe, taking the average of 20 measurements of 3 different brands of 1/4 teaspoons, they were all within 0.1 grams, so that was acceptable enough error to hit + or - 1ppm of NO3-.

Regards,
    Tom Barr