This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

K2so4 Too High For Pps-pro

Discussion in 'Rotala Butterfly Support & Feedback Forum' started by markStephens, Aug 1, 2019.

1. markStephens

markStephens New Member

Local Time:
    6:24 AM
    Hi, Old hand at aquarium (1st plant tank in 1990's), new to dry fertilizers. The calculator is set for the following "20 us gal", "a solution", 500 ml container size, 15 ml daily dose, "Perpetual Preservation System". In the spreadsheet screen capture below, the top ("barr") has values directly from the calculator; the bottom ("nilocg") has values from the nilocg website, given as "gm orig.".

I'm using the percent ratios as a sanity check and indeed the potassium sulfate from the calculator is high. I'm assuming (bad idea?) that the combined values of potassium should decrease the amount of K2SO4. The calculator does not take this into account, which I hasten to add, is not its intent. However...

Isn't this misleading? Perhaps a note on combined effects?

mark markStephens calc pict.png

2. Phishless

Phishless Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Potassium total ppm would be derived from all 3 compounds containing K.

3. Phishless

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
  4. Phishless

Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Not to mention the dose was 1ml per 10 gallon I believe.

Why such a large dose of 15ml???

5. markStephens

markStephens New Member

Local Time:
    Hi and thanks for the replies!
    I'm (so far as I can tell) using the values listed at Edward's site, scaled for a dose of 15 ml into a 20 gal tank. The ratios of all four are the same as are the target ppm. I have those dosing bottles and find 15 ml easy to squeeze out a dose. The actual weights currently being used are shown below.

What would be terrific is to enter the desired ppm of K, N, etc. and a list of salts being used so it could account for the accumulated potassium from all three potassium bearing salts.

mark

markStephens ferts pict.png