This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

K2SO4 any value?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by geektom, Nov 12, 2017.

1. geektom

geektom Junior Poster

Local Time:
    7:15 PM
    Hey all- when I purchased my EI set up from GLA, they included K2SO4 along with KNO3, KH2PO4 and CSM+B.

How much value does the SO4 have in plant nutrition? I never see anyone reference it when talking about the health of their plants.

Thanks!

Mike k likes this.
  2. Mike k

Mike k Member

Local Time:
    1:15 PM
    Following to learn....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    K2SO4 is used primarily for the potassium, not the sulphur. Plants do need sulphur, but not in macro quantities. It is a micro nutrient. Some people have a lot of nitrate in their tap water, or they have many big fish, who provide a lot of nitrate from their waste. Those people can use much less KNO3 than the EI tables recommend, and substitute K2SO4 for the missing K. That is why it is included in EI nutrient packages.

geektom and Mike k like this.
  4. geektom

geektom Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk