Just checking my needle valve and solenoid section

Addict

Junior Poster
Sep 1, 2010
PA
I just wanted to get some opinions on my choice of solenoid and check valve.

I got the Burkett solenoid which was my first choice after I found out clippard are no longer quality built, I believe this was a good choice.

The valve is a swagelok SS-2MG4-MH, I'm on the fence about this valve as to wether or not it is right for my application, anyone using one of these?

B4GdCjQBGkKGrHqNiUEyeYpItKcBMolEIFhg_12.jpg

Thanks for any input.
Eric

Oreo

Guru Class Expert
May 6, 2010
You'll be alright. It's a "medium flow" valve which will work- especially since you have the micrometer handle. I'm using one almost identical to this but based on my experience I've been recommending swagelok's "Low flow" valves instead. Reason being that I find the entire useful adjustment range exists in the distance between two tick-marks on the handle. I'd much prefer less sensitivity / more precision. Thus I placed an order for a low flow valve to replace mine. (it's a 12 week lead time while they make a batch so I'm going to be waiting a while for my order. :()

Your burkert solenoid valve should be good to go. Lots of people around here have had very positive experiences with burkert.

Addict

Junior Poster
Sep 1, 2010
PA
Thanks for the info, that sets my mind at ease :D

It's for a calcium reactor so I'm thinking it may be more precise than I actually need, if that turns out to be the case I may use it on a planted down the road and get a manifold and another needle valve for this setup. Like most of us nothing goes to waste just an excuse for more equipment and another tank :D