This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Is this too much flow (video)

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by samh, Mar 31, 2012.

1. samh

samh Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    2:03 PM
  2. Green Thumb Aquatics

Green Thumb Aquatics Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    IMO no, your good to go

some species I guess dont like a lot of flow to grow but I think your just fine as long as you done have plants uprooting or getting tangled up your fine

3. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    judging by your growth looks fine to me

How did you get such a nice even flow without laying plants down flat?

4. samh

samh Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Yeah growth is a lot better atm, i'm growing 2 new plants which have never grown before syngonanthus sp manaus and erio type 2. Still can't grow staurogyne porto velho or tropica/repens.

I have equal currents at both ends of the tank running into each other like dutchy. I used to find that more current led to less pearling.

On a side note whats the deal with pearling? I run normal light levels from led and t5, but i can have plants pearl with bad growth and get better growth with no pearling?

If the plants continue to improve, it may be because of either the increased flow or increasing the bubble rate so co2 is gassed quicker so the ph controller clicks the solenoid off quicker. it's on for about 15min every hour...