This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Is this an acceptable regulator for our purposes

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Ligyron, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Ligyron

Ligyron New Member

Local Time:
    12:45 PM
  2. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    No.. It's max input looks likeits HP (max inlet) pressure is 100 PSI. Generally a CO2 tank pressure is around 700-800 PSI. So that won't fit.

Its output pressure is 0-25 PSI. This is acceptable for most uses, however is you are planning to use one of the new atomic diffusers then you need a output pressure of at least 30 PSI.

Finally the description is wrong. It's not a dual stage regulator. It's a single stage model, which is fine unless you are really looking for dual stage to prevent end of tank dumps.

3. Ligyron

Ligyron New Member

Local Time:
    Thanks rajkm, I totally missed that when looking at it - just saw new, shiny.

4. Ligyron

Ligyron New Member

Local Time:
    Grrrrr... I'm about ready to give up and just buy one of those cheaper Milwaukee rigs as a stop-gap measure until I can figure out rebuilding this Matheson 8L 580 I picked up. That's if it's even possible as someone mentioned you had to be certified to get the parts for it.

5. Donald Cutler

Donald Cutler Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Hmm. I have heard both good and bad about Milwaukee. I have a GLA unit with no complaints and it didn't cost too much.

6. tefsom85

tefsom85 Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I'd say take a look through some of the regulator builds here and then keep watching ebay and the different planted forums. You will find something. I would suggest to buy something new that has not had a chance to be abused. Or.. buy from a vendor/builder that you trust. Myself, I bought a new dual stage Praxair off of the bay for about $150 and added about another $150 for post body parts. Very happy with it. Night and day difference between it and my previous - a used Azoo that I bought locally. I think you can actually do better with patience.

7. SwampGremlin

SwampGremlin Member

Local Time:
    I have a 30 dollar regulator i bought from harbor frieght it is dual stage been using it for 2 years without a hitch for the money its a fabulous unit.

You will need to rig a needle valve with fittings from hardware but that was easy its bot beutiful or anything but you said you were rebuilding another regulator you had so you could most deffinatley get away with this one till your other unit it rebuilt and save some money.even the reviews are pretty darn good it does come with a nylon ring and a co2 bottle connect.

http://m.harborfreight.com/regulator...not%20provided

#7 SwampGremlin, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2016
  8. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    That is not a dual stage regulator. Its a single stage and dual guage.

One can easily live with a single stage with right kind of post body, e.g a good needle valve, end of tank dumps can be limited (not avoided).