This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Is RO tubing ok for CO2?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by aakks, Feb 19, 2011.

1. aakks

aakks Junior Poster

Local Time:
    8:41 PM
    I want to have my CO2 tank on my porch. To do this, I need to go through a cinder block wall. I have already gone through this wall before with normal RO tubing, and I added extra lines when I did it. It would be a real pain in the butt to do this again. Is it ok to run the CO2 through a short section of RO tubing?

2. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    PITBF, Overriding Factor

Hi,

Given the PITBF (pain-in-the-butt-factor), I would use the RO tubing; I am assuming it is polyethylene.

You will likely experience some CO2 loss, I doubt it will be a big problem and if it is you can always drill… :)

Biollante

3. shoggoth43

shoggoth43 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Can you use one of the "spare" lines as a snake to pull through the other CO2 safe tubing?

-
    S

4. aakks

aakks Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Pulling it through was the backup plan, but it would still be a real pain. I might just try it and see how it goes.