This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Is it really as simple as this........

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by PlantFan, Feb 5, 2013.

1. PlantFan

PlantFan Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:34 AM
    Obviously I took this pictures off the home page, and in looking at how nice it looks i said to myself is it really that simple. Now, when I say simple I mean in the sense that from what I can see there are only 3 species of plants in that entire tank and its amazing. Should beginners like me stick to the K.I.S.S. approch when scaping? Maybe 3 or 4 species and thats it?

View attachment 4161

PlantFan

2. Yo-han

Yo-han Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    I think you can use as many plants as you want. Pick 'easy' plants and learn to grow them without algae. If that goes well start focussing on aquascaping;)

3. puopg

puopg Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    There is beauty in simplicity. I have seen amazing iwagumi's with nothing other than 1 plant. Though i think a lot of us become plant hoarders/collectors. [HASHTAG]#collectoritis[/HASHTAG]

4. thegasman

thegasman Subscriber

Local Time:
    +1. I'm a plant hoarder, but I'm slowly reducing the number of species that I have in my tank and I think it looks better. With that said, I've seen awesome tanks that have a bunch of different types of plants.

5. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
  6. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    If you start painting, you typically start with a single background color, you might think of this like a single foreground plant, then add things from there.

Many start off this way with a nice scape in mind, and end up as collectoritis.
    Do not lose your vision.