This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Is it OK to dose dry?

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by stcyrwm@adelphia.net, Jan 14, 2006.

1. stcyrwm@adelphia.net

stcyrwm@adelphia.net Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    12:22 PM
    I was curious if it would work to dose dry ferts directly into the aquarium? I was wondering because if it was then it would be very easy to automate dosing using a relatively inexpensive fish feeder. A unit like the "Rondomatic" would work particularly well because the portions are all individually separated like in a weekly pill dispenser. Here's the link: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod_Display.cfm?pcatid=4464&N=2004+112973

Thanks, Bill

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Re: Is it OK to dose dry?

I dose KNO3 and KH2PO4 dry, as I know many do. Traces are hard to dose dry, since the dose amount would be too small to measure accurately. I have yet to see any problem from dosing dry, and the stuff dissolves almost before reaching the bottom of the tank.

3. srozell

srozell Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Re: Is it OK to dose dry?

Some forms of Potassium Suplphate do not disolve as well as others. If you get it in the powder form it should be fine to dose dry however.