This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Ironite ok for tank?

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by ccLansman, Apr 5, 2009.

1. ccLansman

ccLansman Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    3:11 AM
    Found these 20lbs bags of ironite at homedepot for $10, just want to make sure they are safe to mix in with my substrate. Here are the specs::

Urea, Muriate of p0tash, Calcium sulfate, sodium borate, ferrous sulfate, iron sucrate, iron oxide, maganese sulfate, maganese oxide, sodium molybdate, zinc sulfate , zinc oxide.

If i wash it to remove the sodium can i use it?

Also says:
    N 1%
    K20 1%
    Ca 12%
    S 10%
    B 0.02%
    Fe 4.5%
    Mn .1%
    Mo .0005%
    Zn .1%

Some sites claimed that back in 98' this stuff had lethal doses of lead and would leach out arsenic and make the water acidic..... But i dont see anything in the ingredients that would do that since it says guaranteed analysis i would assume they would list any heavy metals..

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    I wouldn't, check the web on this one, arsenic etc.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. ccLansman

ccLansman Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    thanks, i also found out that its not a mineralized soil like i was thinking it was its just a fertalizer. So ill be returning it today. Thanks for the heads up tom.