This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Craig Haz, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Craig Haz

Craig Haz New Member

Local Time:
    11:47 PM
    Hi All, to introduce myself I have been an aquarium hobbyist for 30+ years and have kept a 185g planted tank for the past 15. This tank was set up with sand substrate supplemented with Duplarit G, CO2 and LED (initially Halogen). Filtration was by 2x Eheim Pro e3 2078.
    Plants included Anubias, Amazons, Crypts, Java and Lotus. Live stock focused on the Amazon region Discus, tetras, cory's. Also a troop of Siamensis and peppermint bristlenose to assist manage algae.

I'm currently decommissioning the 185g to set up 130g. The plan is to use ADA as substrate, CO2 via PH control with 2x 36w Radeon LEDs. Filtration via wet sump.
    Will add posts once the tank is in position.
    From what I have read the challenge with ADA is managing the NH04 levels over the first few weeks, will need to be patient.:)

2. Craig Haz

Craig Haz New Member

Local Time:
    11:47 PM
    Thought I would post a Pic of the 185g tank as it was when set up. Hopefully my new tank will be similar.

DSC00139.JPG