This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Introducing myself

Discussion in 'Talk to Tom Barr' started by dutchy, Jul 24, 2009.

1. dutchy

dutchy Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:20 AM
    Hi Tom and all other people visiting this forum. After being around this forum for a week and subscribing to this very helpful site I thought maybe it's nice to introduce myself.
    I registered on this site as dutchy, which means I'm from the Netherlands (seems I'm not alone here) I'm a 49 year old IT manager who works for the Dutch government.
    Aquariums started to be a hobby for me at the age of 15, but after around 5 years I had to give it up. So, now, 30 years later I'm back!! Soon I found out that the advance in technology also found it's way to this hobby and I started to read, read and read. I also found out that there's a lot of BS around based on assumptions, but I was looking for some logic and research. And it seems I found it!!
    Of course I have some questions for which I want to find answers, like the right amount of light (hot topic now) and eradication of algae.
    And of course, if I can help others, I will.

Regards,
    dutchy