Introduce yourself and tell us what do you keep?

Al-Wilson Alino

Apr 28, 2020
Australia
Hi!!

I am AL from Melbourne. I just start with my aquascape. I have an AZOO flexi mini tank with Flexi Mini Light, Soda Stream CO2 with magnetic switch, SUNSUN Canister Filter. Im still waiting for my inflow and outflow pipes.

I have guppies and otto’s for live stock. As for plants I have

Background: limnophilia Sessiflora
Back/mid: ludwigia Senegalensis
Lenderia Rutondefolia
Foreground: hydroctyle tripartata
Hc cuba
Anubias nana petite
Aninias nana pinto/white

I joined this forum as to know better how to grow my plants better. Especially HC cuba and anubias pinto/white.
My HC seem to be growing well but it's not spreading. And my pinto's leaves melted but the rhizome is still hard and healthy.

Hoping this forum can help me fix this problem

IMG_20200422_214709.jpg

dav.tomassini

Jul 16, 2017
NL
Anyone new or wanting to post in the gallery, feel free to do so.

I will ask permission and use some of the tank images for the report pages here and there if you wish also.

But tell folks what you have and keep.

I have 16 tanks right now, this always subject to change. Most are smaller cube all are open top, PC lighting and 2 tanks with MH's HQI 150w/ 10K bulbs.

The largest is 40 gal, the smallest is a mere 3/4 of a gallon.
Client tanks range from a 300 gallon marine to a 350 gal FW.
1 cold water.

I add CO2 to 6 of my home tanks, the rest are non CO2.

I keep mainly small fish these days.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Thanks Tom!

Reactions: Tim Harrison

dav.tomassini

Jul 16, 2017
NL
Hello all.

I have always loved the aesthetic of terrariums.
I am new to the serious plant-keeping. It started when I finally indulged in the purchase of a couple of marimos. Then I started getting really into water plants and now I have a 10-gallon and a 5-gallon tank with an assortment of fairly easy-to-keep submersed specimens.
I also have a betta, a couple oto catfish, two mystery snails (in the 10-gal) and shrimp with some little oopsie-snails (in the 5-gal). My next project is a small plot of emersed plants in more of a shallow glass dish. I also have an apothecary jar that would make for a mighty fine terrarium.
I dream of having something closer to a 30-gallon shallow tank with some of the more demanding plants and aquafauna.
I spend a lot of time looking at pretty images of plants and gleaning bits of information about their keeping. I found this forum when I was googling buyer reviews of aquatic substrate.

Test reply

Raven2020

Jun 14, 2020
Denver
Hello, long time lurker here finally registered.

I've been in the hobby for 11 years now. Currently have 5 tanks: 10g high tech tank. Soon to be shrimp tank. 55g African cichlids low tech. 60g cold water low tech. 120g high tech tropical. 1000g no tech koi tank (because no plants survive the koi).

Joel arthur ng

Jun 16, 2020
Singapore
Anyone new or wanting to post in the gallery, feel free to do so.

I will ask permission and use some of the tank images for the report pages here and there if you wish also.

But tell folks what you have and keep.

I have 16 tanks right now, this always subject to change. Most are smaller cube all are open top, PC lighting and 2 tanks with MH's HQI 150w/ 10K bulbs.

The largest is 40 gal, the smallest is a mere 3/4 of a gallon.
Client tanks range from a 300 gallon marine to a 350 gal FW.
1 cold water.

I add CO2 to 6 of my home tanks, the rest are non CO2.

I keep mainly small fish these days.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Regis

Jul 6, 2020
Portland, OR
Hi there... I am new to the hobby and started this planted tank in about 3 months ago. It is really nice to see a heavily planted tank with only a few fish. In my opinion, it looks more natural. In the morning I now drink my coffee watching my aquarium instead of the tv :)
I am looking forward to learning more and hopefully starting another tank soon.

20200630_090252.jpg

primeval.life

Jul 15, 2020
Cambridge/Boston, MA
I've been around various forums under the handle of Veneer. My background is in evolutionary biology and anthropology, and I am now mostly invested in paludariums and vivariums but still have a few conventional aquariums and submersed farm tanks. Have gotten more interested in Eriocaulaceae recently but am also focused on rheophytic and semiterrestrial aroids, mosses and liverworts, and oddball epiphytes. Fauna-wise I like Macrobrachium shrimp, new forms of wild Caridina, small freshwater and semiaquatic crabs, strangely-shaped nano fish, isopods, and all kinds of parthenogenetic animals. Prioritizing drip wall projects these days.

Here's a biotope you likely haven't ever seen attempted: my favorite tank in the dark back section of the limnological museum at Listvyanka in the Irkutsk region of Siberia, close to where the Angara departs Baikal, which I visited last summer. Those are all endemics from the nearby lake: gigantic Acanthogammarus amphipods, sculpins, and freshwater sponges. The place also housed two of the famous seals.

IMG_6767.jpg

My Instagram is @sarkoboros.

Last edited:

Gustav Mahler

Aug 23, 2020
Georgia (country) Tbilisi
these discusses in this aquarium temporarily, as I am going to put them in a large aquarium which is 1500 liters. they were on sale and I hurried to buy them. but in a large aquarium now algae and they temporarily are here until into their tank comes biological equilibrium and balance. and therefore temporarily in this aquarium is a high temperature of 30 degrees

EA0EFE30-E67E-4D4E-87AB-0C775481DC5E.jpeg

Tom558

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
I have been raising fish for 35 years or so,mainly Discus with tanks all over the house. Now I have two tanks a 10 gal for CRS and a 36 gal that I am trying to make Dutch style
and I have got a long way to go.

20200824_130836.jpg

20200823_205646.jpg

20200820_205553.jpg

20200823_204800.jpg

Last edited:

torii

Aug 30, 2020
Ukraine, Kiev
Hello, I am Sergey from Ukraine, Kiev.
My tank 1500х600х700 , clean water about 127 gallons
CO2, led lighting
The aquarium is young, because the plants often have to be transplanted until I get the right quantity and quality.
Sorry for my English, just starting to learn.

P00826-200554.jpg

P00823-213414.jpg

P00823-201114.jpg

P00823-195635.jpg

fmueller

Aug 31, 2020
Auckland, New Zealand
Hi Everybody! I have been keeping fish since the mid 1970s. Planted cichlid tanks have always been my thing. Low tech, no fuss.

I've always had really good luck with that when living in Ohio. See my video of a Tropheus tank I had.

Now I am living in New Zealand. I had a 300x60x60 (10'x2'x2') tank set up for two years, and the plants are abysmal!

I have decided to make a radical change, sell the cichlids, go high tech planted for the main tank, and try to breed some tetras.

I will have lots of questions!

Last edited:

fugu

Subscriber
Dec 24, 2015
Hello. I've got a small low tech planted tank with java fern and crypt, and a few fishes, corys and rasboras

Reactions: fmueller

Leo Angel

Junior Poster
Oct 16, 2014
I am interested in the introduction of potassium in plant aquariums. What are the doses and why?

Tom558

Aug 4, 2020
Texas
Cool I thought I did but it's possible I just uploaded some pics and commented on a few things.

happymfg.

Oct 25, 2020
usa
new guy here! currently building an 30 gallon. here for inspiration and info! really enjoy the diy aspect of the hobby and making things in general!

Chris Noto

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Feb 27, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Hi!
I have been in the aquarium hobby for many, many years.
I am looking for answers to questions about plant tanks.
Here is one of my most recent aquariums.
You are looking for answers Leo? LOL! Aren't we all, my friend! But you, sir, obviously have found a number of answers already.
That's a beautiful aquarium, and a nicely taken photo. Thanks for sharing it.
I've been out of this loop since the beginning of our lockdown, mid-March, but I'm sticking my head up again, and starting over with a ten gallon high tech aquarium. It's good to be back.