Introduce yourself and tell us what do you keep?

The Caterpillar

Feb 17, 2019
Sacramento
Hi there!

Greetings from Turkey. I had 3 or 4 tanks for live bearers for many years back in the day (~1985-95) when i was a teenage boy. I had to tear them down when I started college. In 2006 my father passed away, I was looking for a hobby to keep mom busy, so I got into planted tanks with a 200lt tank. 3 years later I had to tear that down because I got married and moved away.

So, after a long break of 9 years, i set-up my 80lt open-top cube 7 weeks ago. I have about ~12 different types of plants in there. ADA Amazonia substrate (normal and powder), full spectrum LED lighting, pressurized CO2 with inline atomizer. I am following EI regimen for fertilizing. I very recently got about 20 cherry shrimps, 5 amonos, 4 horned snails, 10 rasbora kubotai and 10 ember tetras.

Tank is still in progress (as all tanks are, i guess). Here is a picture from 2 weeks ago (it is in better shape at the moment)View attachment 14691

This is a gorgeous tank sir. I can only hope to one day have a setup as nice as yours. Well done!

Reactions: Bora Kastrat

Jacky Sabbah

Feb 20, 2019
Israel
Hello everyone, I have a High Tech aquarium,
500 liters, and 9-liter CO2 balloon,
Lighting of 6 T5 bulbs of 54W each , with varied color,
PACIFIC SUN Dosing Pump with 5 heads, and three 5 liter containers each. Two layers of substrate, the bottom with fertilizer (30 kg) and the top without fertilizer (45 kg) , AMAZONIAS & SEACHEM, 300W heating, heating controller for 25W.
Also, I set up an aquarium with shrimps , about 35 liters.
All the water is of osmosis water, and I added a wave pump in the tank to improve the flow of water.
with gratitude ,

ReneMG

Feb 20, 2019
Xalapa, Veracruz. Mexico
Hello everyone, a pleasure to write here in such an honest and professional forum. I already have 26 years in the hobby and I currently have an aquaterrarium of 150 l with Bucephalandras mini coin and brownie ghost. In a nutshell the Buces mini's I love them.

Best regards;)

índic2.jpg

índice.jpg

Reactions: Jacky Sabbah

Tjtobias

Feb 22, 2019
Canada
Hi all,

Decided to make an account to talk about plants in more detail and ask questions about my own tank, as I am new to the planted tank scene. Currently running a 5 gallon tank, with a betta and a few small plants. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out! Might start a journal!

Rhias

Feb 28, 2019
Canada, Alberta
Greetings from Canada!

I started my first planted tank in October of 2018. It is a 75 gallon, medium-high light with CO2 injection via reactor. I currently stock some cardinal tetra, emperor tetras, angel fish, bristlenose pleco, and flying silver fox. Recently started to experience some terrible blooms (I may have found the cause, thanks barrreport!), and will begin a large scale overhaul of things. If I can find the time, I'll try to start a journal detailing the quest to find that balance.

LittleNicky

Mar 6, 2019
Maryland
Greetings all.

I have a newly setup 40 gallon with many donated plant species from a fellow enthusiast.

Dosing fertilizers every 4 days, and have a 20lb Co2 cylinder with a DIY reactor maintaining about 30ppm.

Lighting is a DIY LED system with a Storm controller and mostly full spectrum. I also have a few reds and blues mixed in.

Livestock consists of 7 black neon tetras, 2 common core cats (can't remember the species name at the moment), 3 tiger barbs, and 3 amano shrimp.

Apologies for the cell phone photo, all I have at the moment.
20190301_164406.jpg
20190301_164406.jpg

Reactions: Phishless

Stefan35

Mar 18, 2019
london
Hi
I have it 500l Fish tank
I was started with 240l but i made bit upgrade to bigger one.
Im using 2x lilly pipe including skimmer surface
1x wawemaker 2000l/h
2x OASE bioamster Thermo 600 1250l/h
2x Chihiros doctor twinstar
1x drop checker
1x 6.5kg co2 presurizing
3x 75W DELEBA LED RGB +UV Lighting.
I love aquascaping and carring about healthy fish and plants.

Robb

Apr 1, 2019
Staunton, Illinois
Hi everyone. Very glad to be here. I've been in the hobby for a while, but recently set up a new 16 gallon cube after an almost 15 year break. I would describe it as medium light with DIY CO2. UNS 40C tank with UNS controsoil, Seiryu stone hardscape. Growing HC as carpet in front with some Eleocharis, Hydrocotyle, and Alternathera. No fish or shrimp in the tank but hope to populate in the next couple of weeks.

Simon Yee

Apr 3, 2019
Klang, Malaysia
Hi,
My name is Simon Yee from Klang, Malaysia
I have been doing planted tank since 6 years ago.
Sound like long time ago huh?
I have a 2 feet tank, using Co2 tank, without refrigeration unit and only CPU fan.
With Adana Amazonian soil, and a normal aquarium led lights.
I am trying to carpet the tank with HC.
Any ideas?

IMG_20190405_075555[1].jpg

Last edited:

Felipe

Mar 11, 2019
Brazil
Hi there....My name is Felipe. I'm brazilian and I just set up my first High light aquarium. My challenge was to built everything by myself...the tank, the lights, the filter and the furniture.
The filter didnt work very well...rs
My set up:
180l
sunsun 1400l/h filter
Lights did for myself (45 leds 3watts)

plants: Rotala HRA
ROtala Green
Limnophila hippuroide
monte carlo
Rotala butter fly
Rotala walichi
Cabomba
Heterantera zosterifolia
Pogostemon
Higrophila variegata

Shan.Evolved

May 18, 2019
Virginia
Hi everyone! In a couple months in newbie with a 75 gallon heavily planted tank that I'm struggling to balance. I have many tropical fish from bosemani to harlequins to corys and some twigs and a calico pleco.

I am running pressurized co2, dosing 3/4th EI, weekly 50% WC, and have 2 fluval 3.0s running at 80% for 8 hours.

I will be posting a different thread later but wanted to thank you guys for alot of the information I've been able to read up on prior to starting..

cesar

May 22, 2019
Davao City, Philippines
Hi Im cesar. I'm new to aquascaping. my 3-ft silver arowanas (11 years old) just died recently and left my 140-gallon tank lonely (84" x 20" x 20"). Im planning to setup a low-tech planted tank (preferably no CO2). I don't know how to start... Im still gathering info and the more info i get the more confused i become :confused::p:confused:... Thanks for this forum for keeping my hopes high.
IMG_20170122_081445.jpg

Last edited:

Kalopsia

May 22, 2019
Washington State, U.S.
I'm Kaleb, I've been keeping planted tanks for 3 years or so. I keep shrimp, pygmy cories, and primarily plants! My plant stocking list in my main tank is

Monte Carlo
Dwarf Hairgrass
AR Mini
Limnophila Aromatica
Limnophila Sulawesi
Ammania Golden
Ludwigia Brevipes
Ludeigia Natans 'super red'
Rotala Macandra 'Rosen's
Rotala Mini Butterfly
Ludwigia Glandulosa
Ammania Gracillis
Ludwigia Inclinata 'Tornado'
Ludwigia Pantanal
Rotala Colorata
Peacock Moss
Susswassertang
Rotala Ramosior 'Florida'
Pygmy Chain Swords
Mini Bolbitis
Buce "brownie phantom"
And various Anubias

Reactions: Tim Harrison

Michael Brock

May 26, 2019
Alachua, FL
I'm just getting started again with planted tanks after a 10 year break. Before my move to florida 10 years ago I had 3 planted tanks, several fish-only tanks and a few dozen small tanks for breeding killifish. When I arrived here I had a 180g reef aquarium but ultimately gave that up to make room for a beer kegerator (priorities in a small house). My current tank is a 40B with pool filter sand substrate. The light is a Beamswork 6500k DA 36" LED light. I'm running a 10g wet/dry and pressurized CO2. The tank is still cycling and the plantings are sparse but ultimately the goal is to have a pair (or 2) of German blue rams (a fish I had as a kid and adore) in a moderately/heavily planted tank. I'll add pictures and start a thread once it's worth taking a picture of.

Reactions: Tim Harrison