Interview with tom barr

Stan510

Nov 28, 2019
Hayward ca.
One vid of the now recluse ( kidding) owner of this site is on youtube. I think its a bay area channel on Bettas..but he had a group to his home and talked a little about his routine. I think he's more into Bonsai these days.

One vid of the now recluse ( kidding) owner of this site is on youtube. I think its a bay area channel on Bettas..but he had a group to his home and talked a little about his routine. I think he's more into Bonsai these days.

Yeah, I kind of figured Tom wasn't around on the site anymore.... Same thing with SimplyDiscus.... Al isn't around anymore... still owns it... but is not active at all..

Stan510

Nov 28, 2019
Hayward ca.
That's how life is. Tom was new wave back then,now? How many times can he recite formulas over and over to new people after two decades? I think like most people he's waiting for something new and even more advanced for aquariums.
I admit my tank is derivative of Amano''s Lisbon tank.
Maybe I should have tried a more natural,natural aquarium? White Clouds as largest fish and breeding in a tank half full and landscaped with exotic orchids and ferns...something.

Mooner

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2006
Colorado
That's how life is. Tom was new wave back then,now? How many times can he recite formulas over and over to new people after two decades?

This site has everything needed for success in FW plant aquaculture. Time put into research will be well spent.

Stan510

Nov 28, 2019
Hayward ca.
I just was reading a 2004 post on the Alternanthera problem of melting after weeks of thriving. He was posting answers. Although he was on the board 4 days ago looking around.

Stan510

Nov 28, 2019
Hayward ca.
I think Tom put some kind of "do not repost" on youtube. It's the only vid that just won't link I've ever come across on youtube. He goes by the name of Bubba Bumpkin and talks to a group about the basics of the plant tank as of...near 10 years ago maybe?