This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Interview with Cliff Hui

Discussion in 'Articles' started by ibanezfrelon, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ibanezfrelon

ibanezfrelon Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    4:51 PM
  2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Alage
    "My recipe is making good practice on maintaining the tank. Aware of the plant growing. A lot of Algae can only tell that you are making mistakes or lazy."

Folks try and tell others this, but they just do not listen.
    Amano says the same thing. Take care of plants= no algae issues.

3. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Its a great article and a great showcase of some amazing tanks.

Learning how to care for those plants is where many get tripped up, I think. I know that has been the case for myself. Mistakes made in lighting, dosing, CO2. It takes time to get to the point where one can rightly judge the needs of the plants they wish to grow in the tank they want to grow them in and the dosing and equipment that will get them to that point. A year into this hobby and I have still have many "newb" moments.

Cliff said he maintains hundreds of tanks, that is many more times the experience.

Lets not also forget about his natural artistic talent! He certainly has an eye for what plants look good together, how to create depth and texture. That is a tough thing to learn and some probably never do.

Thanks for linking the article.