This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting...rumors have been denied!

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Monilovesplants, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Monilovesplants

Monilovesplants Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    7:53 PM
    I posted a question on the API facebook page as I'd read they were getting rid of the Filstar and heard it from a local aquarium store (LPS). Well, they swore it's a best seller and they have no intention of getting rid of it. I figure that might be useful for some of us to know. Oh, I also mentioned that their new design for the intake and outtake is awful! I'd gotten a new one to replace my old one and had to use the old pipes. They removed the graduated pipe so it's hard to shove it onto the silicone hose and the water sorta tries to push out because it's not easy to connect. They also got rid of the bar assembly which spreads out the water and instead have this really awful one output that creates the equivalent of a hose affect so way too much current out of one spot. Anyway, I told them my concerns and how I loved my bar and had been trying to keep the old one going and they said they would forward the issues to their special development department. Heck, I'd buy the spray bar even if it was an extra. Basically, they need it. So, if any of you also like the idea that they bring back the spray bar - please comment on their facebook page. They apparently do read it.

Monica

2. reef12

reef12 Member

Local Time:
    7:53 PM
    Have to agree.

The spray bar is the way to go and the newer ones make noise and not the old ones.

Jeff