This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting observation, fauna and misting CO2

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by BriDroid, Sep 18, 2013.

1. BriDroid

BriDroid Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    11:41 PM
    This isn't really scientific, but I wanted to post it anyway. I recently went from misting CO2 with an Up Aqua inline diffuser to a Barr style external venturi reactor.

I was just plain getting sick of the tank always looking cloudy during the day. At night, 30 minutes before the lights go off, I would stop injecting CO2, and the tank would be crystal clear once all the CO2 mist left the water. During the time the mist was in the tank, only my SAEs and Panda Garra would be out. The shrimp were always hiding as well as the Otos. Once the mist stopped, all of those guys would come out and forage as well. I really couldn't complain since plant growth was good.

Now that I'm using Tom's reactor, my tank water is crystal clear, my plants still pearl as well as they did before, and all my little creatures are out and about. It truly makes my tank a whole lot more enjoyable to have!

I just wanted to post this in case anyone else is seeing this happen in their heavily CO2 misted tanks.

2. reef12

reef12 Member

Local Time:
    So what is this special reactor any pics, a DIY deal, outside you say?:confused:

Jeff

3. BriDroid

BriDroid Prolific Poster

Local Time:
    Just search "external ventrui reactor" on here and you'll see it. It's not the "magical" reactor that seems to be making things better, it's the lack or heavy CO2 mist.

4. ShadowMac

ShadowMac Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I had a similar experience when switching from an inline atomizer to a cerges inline reactor. Seemed like I had more consistent CO2 levels, plants responded better, and fauna were happier.

Plus got rid of that fog of CO2 bubbles. Win, win, win.