This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Interbreeding between ghost & Red Cherry Shrimp

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by trd1, Sep 19, 2008.

1. trd1

trd1 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    7:19 PM
    Hi, I currently have a 90g planted tank, non-co2 & EI dosing. I started off with 10 ghost shrimp last year & they have been breeding like crazy.

I have finally been able to locate some Red cherry shrimp & would like to start breeding them (they cost about $5 each from private breeders & $35 from the LFS).

My questions are:

If I put them in my 90g tank will they interbreed with my ghost shrimp or do I need to use another tank?

Can I safely assume that since the ghost shrimp are doing great, that my tank conditions will also suit the RCS?

Cheers

2. shreyasmrao

shreyasmrao Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Interbreeding between ghost & Red Cherry Shrimps

Hi, in my experience of having both these in the same tank, they do inter breed.

The tank conditions should suit the RCS since the Ghost Shrimps are doing well.

Only my opinion, could be wrong.

3. firstblue

firstblue Junior Poster

Local Time:
    #3 firstblue, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
  4. Htomassini

Htomassini Guest

Local Time:
    1:19 PM
    Wow 35$ at your lfs? What town is that in? We should open up shop there! People here complain about fancy shrimp in the 5 to 8 $ range.

Henry tomassini
    www.theplantedaquariumstore.com
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD