This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Intake tube height

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Ekrindul, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Ekrindul

Ekrindul Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    9:09 AM
    I remember seeing a thread not too long ago in which Dutchy mentioned shortening an intake tube to bring it just below the surface of the water. I'm currently using two canisters with sponges attached to the intakes to keep debris inside the filters to a minimum. They are a pain to clean however due to being down near the base of the plants in the corners. If I hacksaw these down to sit say 3 to 4 inches below the surface, is there any downside to doing this? Seems it would make the sponges much easier to clean and with two koralias and two outtake tubes all aimed at the front glass, my flow seems fairly consistent to push the debris off the bottom. Suggestions? advice?

[​IMG]