Inline micron filter?

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Hey all,

In my never ending web searches for cool stuff for my tank, I ran across these in-line micon filters. Says they are 30 micron.

Not sure if they are applicable to aquariums , or if you can change the micron component, but they are stainless steel, so maybe?

Underdog Racing Development

or

Inline & Micron Tee Filters - Hy-Lok USA, a manufacturer of quality instrument valves and fittings

this one has a replaceable component...........

I know the sizes are too small for my 1" pipe, but maybe for smaller apps? Am hoping I can find some in 3/4 or 1"..

Anyhoo, still looking at inline water flow and pressure guages and stumbled across these filters and was curious.

I was thinking that when they may clog easily being in-line, but what about AFTER filtration on the return lines????

tedr108

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It looks to me that these are made to be filtering very pure liquids that have an occasional impurity to be filtered out. I think these filters would clog in about 15 mins on a fish tank! :)

Darrell Ward

Junior Poster
Feb 17, 2005
Micron filters are very effective. I use 1-micron filter bags in my sumps as prefilters. They measure 7"diameter x 16" long. With tanks of heavy feeding discus, they will clog every few days, but the results are worth it. Besides, the cleaner you keep the system, the less stuff you have being dissolved in your tank. They are also cheap when bought in bulk. I think with most of the cartridge type filters, the elements can be bleached and reused. If you keep a couple extra, you'll always have a clean one ready to go. If I were going to use a cartridge filter, I would use a large one, like the ones that Aquatic Eco-Systems sells, or one of the Ocean Clears.