Injector bewilderment

rhodesengr

Junior Poster
Nov 24, 2008
Hi guys and gals. I am new to CO2 and am a bit bewildered about CO2 injection. I have a 26G bow front tank with a Marineland C160 canister filter. I have pressurized CO2. I would like a simple injection scheme with no other pumps. I have been reading on this topic both here and on planted tank. I have something that works but would like a cleaner setup. I am using a Lee wood bubbler inside a tube extension on the C160 output. With this method, I don't get much surface movement because the outflow from the extension is near the bottom. The bubble dispersion is pretty good but it does not look that great. I'd like to put something similar inline in the hose from the C160 but behind the tank. I could rig up something but thought I would put it out here. So here are some questions:

Will a Mazzei venturi work with a C160 ? Which model? Mazzei says they have minimal pressure drop but some posts suggest flow is restricted. Not enough pressure with a C160?

Is there another commercial inline injector that would work with minimal flow reduction? Designs for simple DIY inline?

What is the best thing to make micro bubbles? I am using the Lee wood bubbler. I can try the chopstick approach. There must be a good commercial product that will make small bubbles out of the gas line.

Thanks for any input.

K

km9172

There are plans to make a DIY reactor from PVC. Basically make a sealed PVC tube with tubing adapters on either end, and an airline in to inject the CO2.

I have a Marineland C-220; you'll need 5/8" tubing connectors, which may be hard to find (unless you order them online).

Cal Aqua also makes an inline diffuser that I've been interested in, but it's pricy ($135 @ Green Leaf Aquariums), and I don't know if it works well or not.

Downside to an inline reactor/diffuser is cleaning (unless you install quick-connectors).