This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

In transit plant care questions

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by pepetj, Apr 6, 2011.

1. pepetj

pepetj Lifetime Members
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    5:42 PM
    I'm heading to Minneapolis April 15th and I'm expecting to receive several (plenty) aquatic plants orders. Some of them are "delicate" species and for these in particular I'm looking to have feedback from you.

My "keeping hardy plants in transit" regime consists of bagging them in 1gal Ziplock with a damp paper towel piece inside. Every two-three days I take them out, trim any dead or damaged tissue and re-bag with a new damp paper towel piece. I just keep them at room temperature, all zip-lock sealed with some air trapped in. I have also used small food plastic containers (with cover) if needed be. I've done this without problems for up to a week "in transit" time.

My "keeping delicate plants in transit" regime? No idea how to do that. Never done it before. This time my estimated "in transit" time is 9 days.

Help needed.

Thank you

Pepetj
    Santo Domingo

#1 pepetj, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2011