This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Impact Of High Kh On Co2 Dosing

Discussion in 'Are you new to aquatic plants? Start here' started by Sahiri, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Sahiri

Sahiri New Member

Local Time:
    12:42 AM
    Greetings!

I am looking for some info on the impact of high KH on CO2 dosing. Our new 75g tank is very fresh. Here are the parameters:

Cycle has been started using media from my 30g tank.

75g tank
    78-79 degrees
    pH 7.6
    KH- off the API chart 400+ppm
    GH 125ppm
    NO3- 0ppm
    NH3/NH4- .25ppm

CO2 is on at a moderate 1bps.

Thank you in advance for the advice!

2. burr740

burr740 Micros Spiller
    Staff Member Moderator

Local Time:
    2:42 AM
    Higher KH will require a little more gas to reach the same concentration...if thats what you mean by impact.

Regardless of that, 1 bps is nowhere close to enough for a 75 gal tank. That might as well be none.

Think 7-10 bps. A lot obviously depends on how efficient your method of diffusion is, how much light you have and what kind of plants, and many other things. So its impossible to say exactly how many bps you should target. But 1 bps is not even close

3. Sahiri

Sahiri New Member

Local Time:
    12:42 AM
    That is exactly what I am looking for.

CO2 method:
    We are using compressed CO2 with a 25mm(I think, I can measure) diffuser. The diffuser is positioned under a circulation pump. Most of the bubbles are being carried up and injected into the water column quite nicely. While I don't have exact math, I would say direct loss (up and out) is 10-15% or less.

Lighting:
    Two (2) Lifegard High Output 48″ Full Spectrum (35w)
    Fluval Sea Marine & Reef LED 48" (59w)

Plants:
    Rotala indica
    Hygrophila difformis
    Altenanthera Reineckii

Tags: