This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

I'm doing it wrong.

Discussion in 'Estimative Index' started by nerbaneth, Aug 16, 2009.

1. nerbaneth

nerbaneth Guest

Local Time:
    3:33 PM
    Hi guys!

Its been a while since I have posted here - I haven't had algae problems since I started dosing EI!

Well, I got a new tank and new lights.. (ada 90-p with 4x39w t5HO) the lights are 2x10,000k and 2x6,700k. My plants were doing great until I did a water change. I noticed they weren't pearling as usual in the morning. When I got home from work.. algae(string).. lots of it! I understand that my lights are just about overkill for this tank, but I love how it looks. I would like to find a dosing method that fits the lights and the tank.

Here's what I dose:

1/4tsp of aquariumfertilizers.com PMDD daily:

"PMDD Pre-Mix 1 lb contains 1 part each of Potassium Nitrate, Potassium Sulfate, Magnesium Sulfate, Plantex CSM+B."

Per 1/4 tsp this translates out to:

1/16tsp - Potassium Nitrate
    1/16tsp - Potassium Sulfate
    1/16tso - Magnesium Sulfate
    1/16tsp - Plantex CSM+B

I know that this isn't ideal, but I bought a pack a long time ago and would like to use it up (it is still half full) and then place another order with them to get individual macro nutrients so I can mix it myself!

I do 50%-60% water changes once a week

I have pressurized CO2 on HIGH (the bubble diffuser made for a 90gal is almost maxed out) and the bubbles get blown across the tank by the spraybar of the eheim 2026. On the other end of the tank there is a 125gph powerhead blowing in the opposite direction to get the area underneath the spraybar that wouldn't have enough flow otherwise. I sometimes notice my fish are having difficulty breathing and turn it down (sometimes add an airstone) I would also like to figure out how to get enough co2 in the tank without stressing out my fish! I built a DIY drop checker (via hoppy's guide) But it leaks.. and I need to make another that doesn't! My CO2 turns on and off with the lights.

I think I have told you guys everything. Let me know if I missed anything at all.

So, what do I need to change to have dry nutrients PMDD style EI dosing with what I have? And, how do I get my co2 dissolved in my tank without killing or hurting my fish?

Thanks,
    -Danny