This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

i'm cycling a new 30 gal and..Fungi?

Discussion in 'Aquatic Microbiology' started by trong, Mar 20, 2009.

1. trong

trong Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    11:02 AM
    i've started nearly 20 tanks in my life and have not come accross this. white fuzz growing on the rocks and is spreading, fast! it's about 1 to 2 mm high and spreads rapidly. all thats in the tank are a few choice plants and some decorative rock. a month ago i did a dry start for the HC and its doing well. I filled the tank about 7 days ago and added pressurized co2. the fuzz started on the decorative rocks i cleaned with a brush in a muriatic acid solution (at least i thought i cleaned). Should i be alarmed? and how can i get rid of this? There are no fish or shrimp at this time so i'm really open to help,
    thanks, troy

2. shoggoth43

shoggoth43 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Is it a short fuzz or a long fuzz? The longer stuff I've seen in the past and it's a killer. I didn't get rid of it except doing a breakdown and toss. :(

-
    S

3. trong

trong Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    its the short

stuff, 1 to 2 mm and its gone. i,ve done pretty much nothing but water changes. about 5 gal every other day. first it started spreading then i did water changes , algae began growing on it, GDA or so it appeared ,now its almost all pretty much gone. It's seemed to run its coarse.