This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mossaddiction

mossaddiction Junior Poster

Hi everyone Iam new to the forum just wanted to say hi and I have a bit of a problem. I just set up a my second 10 gal planted tank. I have high light diy co2. My problem is something on my moss. Ive been doing research on here for a couple of hrs now so I dont think its algae I could be wrong . I think maybe the moss is to thickly planted my ricca is the same Ive taken them out of the tank just to be safe. Heres some pics one of my tank one of the moss.Thanks Pat

2. VaughnH

VaughnH Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

I can't really tell, but it looks like the moss has algae on it. What lighting are you using?

3. mossaddiction

mossaddiction Junior Poster

Two 20 watt 6500k screw in daylight bulbs I made the lid myself also I have DIY co2. The stuff on the moss and ricca is a dirty grey color . I couldnt find anything that looked lke it in the algae section.Iam wondering if I couvered the rock to thickly an its dying off. My plants are all growing like crazy Ive done 2 trims and the tank is only 3 weeks old .