This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Unfortunately for Photobucket users, things have changed in a big way as of June 26th they are rolling out a $399 per year subscription fee for those who want to hotlink images from Photobucket’s servers to display elsewhere.
    This does not mean it only affects this site, It now means that billions of images across the Web now display an error message instead of the image in question. :(
    https://barrreport.com/threads/attention-photobucket-users.14377/
    Dismiss Notice

I Think I Get It

Discussion in 'Advanced Strategies and Fertilization' started by imatrout, May 15, 2005.

1. imatrout

imatrout Prolific Poster

I think I get the estimative part, but I have a larger tank (150 gal.). Does anybody have an idea what level of EI dosing I should use on a tank this big?

Thanks!

2. ceg4048

ceg4048 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Re: I Think I Get It

Hi imatrout (what a troublemaker you are!),
    Assuming it's a high tech 150 which includes maybe 4wpg or more light and CO2 injection I just scale everything up from the EI article which is based on a high tech 20Gallon. For 150/20 therefore I just multiply everything by 8 so you get:

• Dosing
    1/4 teaspoon 4x a week (every other day) ==> 2 teaspoons 4x...

1/16” teaspoon of KH2PO4 4x a week (every other day) ==> 1/2 teaspoon ...

Traces added on off days as the macro nutrients, so 3x a week, 5mls each time. ==> 40 ml ...

That's probably a good place to start, though with high light you might easily require and extra teaspoon or so of KNO3 and an extra 1/2 teaspoon of KH2PO4. If you have much lower light maybe back off by 50%. If you are completely low tech then try scaling everything from the NON-CO2 method.

Cheers,

3. imatrout

imatrout Prolific Poster

Thanks ceg,

By 4x per week I assume you mean every other day and reset on day 7?

Thanks

4. ceg4048

ceg4048 Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

That's right. I dose on the reset day so that counts as 1. So it would go for example;

Water change followed by dose NO3/PO4 on Sunday.
    Dose NO3/PO4 on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
    Micros on Monday, Wendsday, Friday.

Cheers,