This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

I Protest The Rules and Restraints Placed on My Posts

Discussion in 'Talk to Tom Barr' started by Biollante, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    4:13 AM
    Biollante, we had a private discussion, it's rather simple and straight forward:

Attack the idea/topic, never the person.

I will not tolerate continued personal digs at people on this web site and particularly without any evidence.
    I, like Gerry, have never seen this "bullying".
    Without any evidence, it's impossible to stop that "bullying/censorship".
    The only reason as Gerry stated, to have a Mod PGT team, was for spam management.
    I have not seen ANY evidence they are guilty of such behavior.

I've spoken to you and mentioned not to add/include personal digs and jabs to your post.
    You are free to offer evidence of said bullying to me directly in a PM.
    The behavior is continuing and I really do not know what else to say about it.
    If you cannot control yourself, you are hanging yourself. Just stick to the topic.

This is the end of the behavior here on the BR one way or the other.

This is the last warning.

2. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I Ageed to What I Agreed to No Further Discussion of the Past On My Part

Hi Gerry,

I am in a position where I cannot answer your inquiries without causing further problems.

Therefore, it is best I do not.

My sincere apologies to those not involved that I have offended; I obviously overestimated the meaning of “team.”

Biollante

3. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi Biollante,

I am sorry but that sounds like an excuse to me. You have been making accusations against the team for many months now and PRODUCED not a shred of evidence to support your claims. Now you 'cannot' for reasons unknown. How convenient. This did not stop you from casting non sequitir aspersions against team members wheneve it suited your purposes.

Please do not say that your agreement to stay on topic is the reason you cannot respond. That is a straw man argument and completely unconvincing...The topic here ARE these accusations of yours. This entire thread is about nothing else but your protest of rules that do not exist so far as I know.

I feel confident that Tom would not object to your responding here and would not consider it a violation of any kind.

Your choice to basically not respond leaves these accusations unresolved and an apology does not erase the historical record and pattern of accusations.

Your accusations w/o ANY supporting evidence are baseless and cowardly.You contantly play the aggrieved party and say things are unfair, but produce no evidence whatsoever to support your claims.

I think the fancy word is 'slander'. I personally find your apologies unconvincing...You apologize and then continue the pattern with another snide comment about 'team'. I suppose that the 'team' has deleted all existing evidence and you will now cry cover up ala Watergate?

I ask you to simply support any of your accusations with some small amount of proof. It either exists or it does not. I suspect the latter...the layman's term would be 'bullshit'.

I see that so long as you remain unchallenged you feel comfortable saying whatever you want about folks you DO NOT KNOW....

I apologize if these comments seem strong to you or your support group but your constant personal attacks on the team, of which I am a member, have finally raised my ire. I am simply sick and tired of these CONSTANT and recurring accusations of censorshiop, bullying, and/or initimidation w/o evidence.

I have done nothing to you or any other member that I should be insulted constantly.

I see no reason that I need to put up with this at all and I will continue to post responses on this subject if you continue. I have let it slide for many months now and my silence has only served to embolden you. That silence is now at an end.

Thanks for listening. I apologize for any profanity....I know you had asked for it not to be used...

Gerry,

#23 Gerryd, Feb 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2013
  4. Biollante

Biollante Lifetime Charter Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Sorry I Make You Ill I Will Try Not Too In The Future

Hi Gerry,

Actually, post #20 this thread is my excuse, well reason.

In the final analysis, I have no power to deny access, or override anyone who does so to me, nor oddly enough, with the exception of a spammer or 6,000, have I any desire to do so.

I have no ability to delete other people’s posts, or override those that do so to me, nor do I have any desire, as the answer to bad speech is more speech, not less.

I have no power (or desire) to make anyone do anything.

I have no desire to make you ill either I humbly apologize to you.

Biollante

5. Gerryd

Gerryd Plant Guru Team
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Hi Bio,

Please note that you personally do not make me sick. It is being accused by association of censorship and bullying that sickens me.

I do not ask you to stop posting, just stop accusing the team. If you have specific greviances against certain team members, please work with Tom and Greg to resolve them.

I have no personal dispute with you or any supporters and wish you the best. I don't want to be accused of things I have not done.

Gerry.