This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. Support us by upgrading to the lifetime advertisement free version.

Click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

I NEED THIS ANSWERED QUICK PLEASE!

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by DutchMuch, Aug 7, 2017.

1. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    11:56 PM
    on my Co2 regulator, I have 2 bubble counters, how do I shut one off? or stop 1 from producing Co2??

2. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Btw im totally a noob to physically Using co2 and adjusting it, so I have a 2 block manifold, how do I shut one bubble counter off? twist the white thing under it, under the solenoid?

3. toads74

toads74 Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    5:56 PM
    Two options:

1. You can close the needle valve, just be gentle. They are not designed to be a shut off, and may leak a bit. They are easily damaged if you use too much force. If it's a problem with the bubble counter you'll have to do it this way.

2. If you have flexible tubing connected, you can kink it and clamp it that way using the instrument of your choice, like a clamp, zip tie, tape, rubber band, etc. The solenoid would shut it off when it's not in use, so the losses should be negligible.

If it's going to be long term, you'd want to cap it properly. For quick fix I'd do the second so I wouldn't have to change the flow setting.

#3 toads74, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    DutchMuch likes this.
  4. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    @toads74 I got it! I just didn't know what parts were what, you definitely helped me with labeling them! Thanks for your quick response and time in the reply, this diffuser is going into my other tank, ill post a journal of it here shortly (tonight) so stay tuned if you would like :).
    Again thanks for your help! Im still trying to learn my Co2 parts vocabulary, I was having issues with the 2 bubble counters or manifolds, I closed the one (needle valve) that I wasn't going to use, and opened the manifold/needle valve I am using now.

Nate

5. toads74

toads74 Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    Glad to help! I'm still working out my own co2 issues...so I know what you mean. :) And yes, I've been watching your journal too. Speaking of co2 I have a near disaster to update mine with.... lol

DutchMuch likes this.
  6. DutchMuch

DutchMuch Junior Poster

Local Time:
    One question;
    Should I turn my Co2 on, 1 hour after lights come on? or turn it on when the lights come on? I know to turn it off 1 hour before Lights go Off.

7. toads74

toads74 Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    I'm going off the ph measurement. I turn mine on early enough to give me at least a 1.0 ph drop before lights come on, so it reaches its target of 1.2 soon after. Mine seems stable enough to stay there for the whole photoperiod +- .05 or so. If it slowly builds over that time it may be an issue worth addressing. Then off before lights out early enough to purge the gas out of the reactor but not so much to let the ph rise much. I need to actually chart it at say 10min intervals to fine tune it, but should be fine if your in the ballpark. Other more experienced folks may have some better advice. I don't think it's that important as long as the co2 is good for the duration of the lights on period.

DutchMuch likes this.
  8. Phishless

Phishless Lifetime Member
    Lifetime Member

Local Time:
    6:56 PM
    I run CO2 1.5 hours before lights on.
    6.5 hour full lighting, 15 min ramp and 15 min ramp down. 7 hour total.
    CO2 goes off during ramp down.

DutchMuch likes this.
  9. rajkm

rajkm Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    You want your CO2 to start earlier than lights generally.
    If you have a very slow ramp up then you can start with the lights.

Tags: