This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

I Like Too Grow Red Plants

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by pooldoctor, Feb 12, 2019.

1. pooldoctor

pooldoctor Junior Poster

Local Time:
    2:54 PM
    I have a 30gal. 30x17x12d. I do have co2. I like a light sits on the tank. Can you help Ed

2. echocinco

echocinco New Member

Local Time:
    6:54 AM
    Hi, you might want to clarify what you are actually asking for advice on. If you're asking how to grow red plants, more details on (1) the type of red plant you want to grow and (2) if you've attempted or failed at growing reds before would be helpful. Your question right now is very broad, so making it more specific would allow us to give you better answers.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

3. DeepMetropolis

Local Time:
    3:54 PM
    I think he wants to know what type of light he needs..(?) You need at least a light with reds in the spectrum obviously red plants reflect red light :) The other thing would be good co2 and good nutrients.. some plants get redder with nutrient limitations other would benefit from stronger light.. Dennis Wong got an excellent youtube vid on the subject.