I guess cherry barbs and RCS will not get along?

reef12

Apr 29, 2013
Tulsa
I want to keep my 3 to 4 year old cherry barbs when I re do the 75 , but I guess will make quick work of the RCS I think.

Also have 5 to 6 year old Black Neon's two left and one really about 7 year old Cory , plus a hatch fish about 5 or so too, a lot of fish plus forgot the Rummie Noses about 7 years old too, no BS.

I guess tank does it's thing algae and all LMAO.;)

Jeff

Aug 26, 2013
Hello, I'm new here and a noob in aquariums too, lurking around the amazing info there is in this forum, but had this experience and thought I might help.

So yes I had 10 cherry barbs (titteya right?) introduced in my 125lt (30g?) after my red cherry shrimps were breeding like crazy from 12 shrimps to over 80 counted and who knows how many hiding around.
Everything was going great, until one titteya "tasted" a shrimp.. in less that a month I couldn't find any RCS any more! On the other hand, my cherry barbs where the most bright red ever seen...

I exchange the cherry barbs with a friend that took them and gave me prionobrama. They are not aggressive to the RCS so I saw 2, yes count them, just two of the survivors, crawl out during the night. That's what has been left from the over 100 RCS population I had.

You milage might vary of course, but that's my experience.

reef12

Apr 29, 2013
Tulsa
I believe you are right, I guess the barbs are history then.

I would put the angels in the 75, but again rules out any RCS.

Jeff