This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

I Feel Like My Ar Mini Is Doing Ok? 10 Days Growth

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by Kaldurak, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Kaldurak

Kaldurak New Member

Local Time:
    2:34 AM
    This was tissue culture AR Mini. It's in a 10g with pressurized co2, finnex planted plus 24/7 CC, EI dosing with GLA dry ferts ( 1/2 micros ) and pool filter sand substrate with osmocote+ sprinkled all the way down by the glass when the tank was set up.

I didn't really notice the growth until I was browsing my phone gallery. Change comes gradually and I don't always notice it with my nose pressed to the glass.

20180416_161417.jpg 20180426_162248.jpg

Phishless likes this.
  2. Allwissend

Allwissend Article Editor
    Staff Member Lifetime Member Article Editor

Local Time:
    11:34 AM
    Yes, I would say that is pretty good growth for 10 days. Good in-vitro plants come with a good deal of nutrients as reserves.

Good luck with your tank and keep us updated.

3. Righteous

Righteous Subscriber

Local Time:
    10:34 AM
    I’ve got some AR mini that’s about 2 weeks old and looks very similar. Did yours ever get redder? Mine are also tissue culture... wondering if they just need to acclimate to start getting redder, or if it’s a lighting issue?

4. Kaldurak

Kaldurak New Member

Local Time:
    20180804_070530.jpg 20180810_063130.jpg 20180810_063130.jpg

Yes! My AR Mini is doing very well. The topsides of the leaves have settled on a lovely bronze/red color and the undersides end up a nice bright magenta color. This was supposed to show 2 photos of a before after of pulling them all up and replanting the tops, but I accidently posted the after photo twice.

I don't know of its ferts, light or both that give the resulting coloration.

Greggz and toads74 like this.
  5. Righteous

Righteous Subscriber

Local Time:
    10:34 AM
    Did you wait for the tops to become red before trimming and replanting...or did you do it continuously?

The tank looks like it’s grown in well... nice carpet!

6. Kaldurak

Kaldurak New Member

Local Time:
    I've kept it like any other stem plant - trimmed and replanted as it got too tall or the bottoms got too ragged from algae on old growth.

Thanks about the carpet - it grows like a weed on my tank. Fast and free of algae. It's stem plants where my tank suffers usually. I'll get small stunted new growth sometimes and I've never quite figured out what it is. Looks like calcium deficiency, but I don't see how that's possible because I add calcium chloride. I've heard that too much K can cause plants to appear to have calcium deficiency? I don't know.