This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Hygrophila 'chai' The Pink-purple Rarity..who's Grown It?

Discussion in 'Aquatic Plant Species' started by Stan510, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Stan510

Stan510 Member

Local Time:
    5:18 AM
    I'm guessing Tom Barr himself must have this plant. Its color is unlike any other and reminds of those succulents sold at Home Depot painted in neon paint. Not an easy grow I read and plants of tissue culture size are going for $100. Like that would stop a pro..who MUST HAVE IT!..ha. I know how it goes.

2. Gkillmer

Gkillmer New Member

Local Time:
    2:18 AM
    I’m currently growing chai from t/c. Very slow grower needing high light, co2 and rich soil. The colors are definitely intense and unique, especially considering the age of the plant so far (5 weeks)

the cup of t/c yielded 7 plants. Of the 7, 3 established itself and rooted immediately, 2 melted back completely and slowly has grown back, the final two seems to have failed.

I grow a lot of stems and carpeting plants, this one is strikingly different and by far the slowest.

3EF8A36F-DA4D-45C8-A834-6E2380997348.jpeg

DDA3AFA1-0FE5-4028-979A-D8D5234FDF2C.jpeg

Stan510 likes this.