This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

Hygro and Elatine problem

Discussion in 'CO2 Enrichment' started by Gianlucan1, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Gianlucan1

Gianlucan1 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    6:43 AM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    What is the problem?

Light: 4*54w
    Substrate: Flourite Seachem
    Fertilizarion: CO2+ Seachem line
    T 27
    GH 5
    KH 4
    NO3 5mg/l
    PO4 0.25 mg/l
    P.S. I'm Italian, so I don't speak english

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    Try NO3 at 20-30ppm.
    You will have much better success.

Both plants are very hungry for NO3.

The melting effect is a common sign in these two plants.

Test kits trend to be very poor at lower ranges of NO3.
    Calibrate them with a known Standard solution.

Otherwise do not trust the test kits.

PO4 test kits also tend to be poor.

Make sure there is enough CO2.

How many liters is your aquarium?

Also, if you post in Italian here, I can use a free translating engine.
    Then I translate it back into English to check for errors and change until I get good results in the language I know best!

See below:

Here's the Italian verison redo back to English:

No3 of test to 20-30ppm. you will have succeeded the much best one. Both the plants are many hungry person for NO3. The fusion effect is a common sign in these two plants. The equipments of the test stretch for being much poor to the range lower than NO3. Calibrili with one titolata solution known. Otherwise it is not trusted the equipments of the test. The equipments of test PO4 moreover stretch to being poor. One makes sure that there is CO2 enough. How many liters are your Aquarius?

So let's improve it:

You should use NO3 at 20-30ppm.
    You will have more success.

These plants use a lot of NO3.

The deficiencies you see are common for low NO3.

Test kits are poor at low range NO3.

Calibrate the test kit with known standard solutions (1ppm NO3, 5ppm, 20ppm).

You should not trust the test kit results.

PO4 test kits also tend to be bad.

Is enough CO2?

How many liters is your aquario?

Here's the back and forth English version after I edited it for the translation engine:

You would have to use the NO3 to 20-30ppm. You will have succeeded more. These plants use the NO3 a lot. The mancanze that you see are common for low NO3. The equipments of the test are poor to the NO3 low of the range. Bores the equipment of the test with the titolate solutions known (NO3 of 1ppm, 5ppm, 20ppm). You would not have to be trusted turns out you of the equipment of the test. The equipments of test PO4 moreover stretch to being defective. It is CO2 enough? How many liters are your aquario?

In Italian:
    Dovreste usare il NO3 a 20-30ppm. Avrete più successo. Queste piante usano il NO3 molto. Le mancanze che vedete sono comuni per NO3 basso. I corredi della prova sono poveri al NO3 basso della gamma. Calibri il corredo della prova con le soluzioni titolate conosciute (NO3 di 1ppm, 5ppm, 20ppm). Non dovreste fidarsi dei risultati del corredo della prova. I corredi della prova PO4 inoltre tendono ad essere difettosi. È abbastanza CO2? Quanti litri è il vostro aquario?

Many thought I spoke their native languages, with a few rough spots, but enough to think I was writing on my own.........

By doing some editing, and using a two step process, you can improve the translation a great deal, I'd imagine that the software for translation will greatly be improved int he next 2-5 years.

Regards,
    Tom Barr

3. Gianlucan1

Gianlucan1 Junior Poster

Local Time:
    Thanks Tom Barr.
    My tank is about 240 l.
    Now I'm increasing CO2 and NO3.