How to wire a Burkert type 6011 solenoid

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
dutchy;116400 said:
Sorry, I'm just making things up to look interesting ;)

Give a good clean and see if there's any difference.

I've pull all sorts of crap out of CO2 sets ups for some of the new client's.
I clean and inspect these days, I use to simply swap the parts out and toss them in the past.

Not a bad idea no matter what.

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
California
Dutchy,

Back pressure should not affect the function of the solenoid. It only works two ways (open when powered up and closed when no power). The Burkerts are rated to 115psi, IIRC, so you should be able to hold at least 115psi w/o leaks.

JimG

Prolific Poster
Jun 11, 2010
Used these instructions last night to hook up my Burkert 6011 to an 18/3 power cord left over from an obsolete computer. It works! Thanks!

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
California
Glad to hear it. ;)

JimG;116510 said:
Used these instructions last night to hook up my Burkert 6011 to an 18/3 power cord left over from an obsolete computer. It works! Thanks!

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
California
Glad everything worked out. Your new rig will be nice!

Oakley;122217 said:
Wired mine up and it works! Thanks Matt! Now eagerly awaiting my other parts.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad everything worked out. Your new rig will be nice!

Oakley;122217 said:
Wired mine up and it works! Thanks Matt! Now eagerly awaiting my other parts.

jsarrow

Junior Poster
Jul 14, 2008
Hey Matt, just wired up my solenoid today, thanks again for the great directions with easy to follow pictures. One note for folks that order the "Plug Connection With LED and Varistor" as I did. The circuit board looks a bit different (see pictures) then the non-varsitor/led connector but otherwise the same stuff.

Thanks again!

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
California
Glad it worked out. Good job on wiring it yourself!

jsarrow;129988 said:
Hey Matt, just wired up my solenoid today, thanks again for the great directions with easy to follow pictures. One note for folks that order the "Plug Connection With LED and Varistor" as I did. The circuit board looks a bit different (see pictures) then the non-varsitor/led connector but otherwise the same stuff.

Thanks again!

Flyinghellfish

Prolific Poster
Dec 26, 2011
I think I owe the company an apology. I knew they were good solenoids, but not this good. The craftsmanship is amazing due to it being made in Germany, at least that what I'm told. Like a few other people, I got the 6011A DC version and I remember the series of pictures and steps Matt wrote for the AC solenoids, I was dreading the wiring.

But to my surprise, the DC version is ridiculously easy to wire.

tMG5mpGl.jpg

This isn't a final picture, I was toying around with it for fun.

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
California
That looks like a fine cigar! LOL

Flyinghellfish;130248 said:
I think I owe the company an apology. I knew they were good solenoids, but not this good. The craftsmanship is amazing due to it being made in Germany, at least that what I'm told. Like a few other people, I got the 6011A DC version and I remember the series of pictures and steps Matt wrote for the AC solenoids, I was dreading the wiring.

But to my surprise, the DC version is ridiculously easy to wire.

tMG5mpGl.jpg

This isn't a final picture, I was toying around with it for fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

oldpunk

Guru Class Expert
Dec 1, 2009
Don't get the one Alan posted unless you want to get a 24v A/C adapter and find the right din.