How to unsubscribe?

N

nerbaneth

This forum has been great resource for me, but I now find my hands in my tank more than on this forum. I'd like to remove my automatic subscription for next year, but there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off the automatic payment. I can't image I am the only one with this problem, yet it looks like there isn't a post covering this. I would hope the Barr Report isn't doing this intentionally...

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Your user title under the name says you are not a subscriber.

N

nerbaneth

Thanks for your response.

Under 'Settings' -> 'Paid Subscriptions' -> 'Active Subscriptions', it says:

Barr Report 1 Year Membership
Start Date
06-04-2011
Expiry Date
06-04-2014

I also have proof on my bank statement for 6/4/13 if you would like to see it. To reemphasize, I don't want a refund; I just want to prevent the automatic payments and make sure no one else is on the same boat.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I personally have no $ interest or involvement with any $ or transaction on this web site. Nor do I have access.

You'd need to PM Greg Watson to clear this up.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I personally have no $ interest or involvement with any $ or transaction on this web site. Nor do I have access.

You'd need to PM Greg Watson to clear this up.

N

nerbaneth

pm:

The following should help you. It is part of a receipt I received when I signed up.

Your subscription will automatically renew at the rates stated above unless you cancel prior to the end of the billing period.
If you have any questions or concerns about this subscription, please contact Greg Watson.

Contact Information

Business Name: Greg Watson
Contact Email: ***@gregwatson.com
Contact Phone: ***-***-***
[Nerbaneth: I'll leave this to Greg to post his own contact info]

Notification Preferences
Right now, we don't send you an email every time you make a payment for this subscription. To change your Notifications preferences, log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile, and click My settings.

Cancelling Your Subscription
If you would like to cancel this subscription, log in to your PayPal account and go to the "History" subtab of the "My Account" tab. Choose "Subscriptions" from the pull-down "Show" menu and press the "Submit" button. Choose this subscription, and click on its "Details" link. You will be taken to a Transaction Details page from which you may cancel your subscription. Cancelling your subscription will immediately stop all future scheduled payments for this subscription.

rjordan393

Guru Class Expert
Mar 5, 2013
Levittown, Pa.
UPDATE: In some cases, when you go to history, the link to subscriptions is not there. If this happens then do this:

After you are logged into your account, type in subscription in the search box at the top right of the page. Once you get to the next page, click on my preapproved payments-paypal. Then on the next page, click on the name of the preapproved payment to whom ever you wish to cancel. On this last page, look for cancel and click.

rjordan393

Guru Class Expert
Mar 5, 2013
Levittown, Pa.
UPDATE: In some cases, when you go to history, the link to subscriptions is not there. If this happens then do this:

After you are logged into your account, type in subscription in the search box at the top right of the page. Once you get to the next page, click on my preapproved payments-paypal. Then on the next page, click on the name of the preapproved payment to whom ever you wish to cancel. On this last page, look for cancel and click.