This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

How to unsubscribe?

Discussion in 'Subscription Information' started by nerbaneth, Aug 18, 2013.

1. nerbaneth

nerbaneth Guest

Local Time:
    12:41 AM
    This forum has been great resource for me, but I now find my hands in my tank more than on this forum. I'd like to remove my automatic subscription for next year, but there doesn't appear to be a way to turn off the automatic payment. I can't image I am the only one with this problem, yet it looks like there isn't a post covering this. I would hope the Barr Report isn't doing this intentionally...

2. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder
    Staff Member Administrator

Local Time:
    6:41 AM
    Your user title under the name says you are not a subscriber.

3. nerbaneth

nerbaneth Guest

Local Time:
    Thanks for your response.

Under 'Settings' -> 'Paid Subscriptions' -> 'Active Subscriptions', it says:

Barr Report 1 Year Membership
    Start Date
    06-04-2011
    Expiry Date
    06-04-2014

I also have proof on my bank statement for 6/4/13 if you would like to see it. To reemphasize, I don't want a refund; I just want to prevent the automatic payments and make sure no one else is on the same boat.

Thanks.

#3 nerbaneth, Aug 20, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  4. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder

Local Time:
    I personally have no $ interest or involvement with any $ or transaction on this web site. Nor do I have access.

You'd need to PM Greg Watson to clear this up.

5. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder

Local Time:
    I personally have no $ interest or involvement with any $ or transaction on this web site. Nor do I have access.

You'd need to PM Greg Watson to clear this up.

6. rjordan393

rjordan393 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    I sent a pm to the op on how to unsubscribe.

#6 rjordan393, Aug 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2013
  7. PK1

PK1 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    Perhaps you could post your pm here to help others who may have be same question?

8. nerbaneth

nerbaneth Guest

Local Time:
    pm:

The following should help you. It is part of a receipt I received when I signed up.

Your subscription will automatically renew at the rates stated above unless you cancel prior to the end of the billing period.
    If you have any questions or concerns about this subscription, please contact Greg Watson.

Contact Information

Business Name: Greg Watson
    Contact Email: ***@gregwatson.com
    Contact Phone: ***-***-***
    [Nerbaneth: I'll leave this to Greg to post his own contact info]

Notification Preferences
    Right now, we don't send you an email every time you make a payment for this subscription. To change your Notifications preferences, log in to your PayPal account, go to your Profile, and click My settings.

Cancelling Your Subscription
    If you would like to cancel this subscription, log in to your PayPal account and go to the "History" subtab of the "My Account" tab. Choose "Subscriptions" from the pull-down "Show" menu and press the "Submit" button. Choose this subscription, and click on its "Details" link. You will be taken to a Transaction Details page from which you may cancel your subscription. Cancelling your subscription will immediately stop all future scheduled payments for this subscription.

9. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder

Local Time:
    Thanks,

Tom

10. Tom Barr

Tom Barr Founder

Local Time:
    Thanks,

Tom

11. rjordan393

Local Time:
    UPDATE: In some cases, when you go to history, the link to subscriptions is not there. If this happens then do this:

After you are logged into your account, type in subscription in the search box at the top right of the page. Once you get to the next page, click on my preapproved payments-paypal. Then on the next page, click on the name of the preapproved payment to whom ever you wish to cancel. On this last page, look for cancel and click.

12. rjordan393

Local Time:
    UPDATE: In some cases, when you go to history, the link to subscriptions is not there. If this happens then do this:

After you are logged into your account, type in subscription in the search box at the top right of the page. Once you get to the next page, click on my preapproved payments-paypal. Then on the next page, click on the name of the preapproved payment to whom ever you wish to cancel. On this last page, look for cancel and click.