This site is supported by the advertisements on it, please disable your AdBlocker so we can continue to provide you with the quality content you expect.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are after as many aquarium plant images that we can get, doing so will assist us in completing the aquarium plant database.

https://barrreport.com/threads/aquatic-plant-images-wanted.14374/
    Dismiss Notice

how to pinpoint/ fix a non working HQI fixture?

Discussion in 'General Plant Topics' started by jazzlvr123, Dec 14, 2008.

1. jazzlvr123

jazzlvr123 Guru Class Expert

Local Time:
    2:05 AM
    hello my HQI fixture stopped working yesterday, the T5's built in the fixture still works but for some reason the HQI is not turning on anymore and I don't know if its the bulb or the ballast. is there any way to check the bulb or ballast to see if its defective before I go buy new ones? my plan is to buy a new bulb and if that doesn't work then proceed to buy a new ballast for the HQI. however If it is the ballast is there ways to repair it or am I kinda screwed here? im a college student and I don't have the money for this however if I don't do something soon my HC carpet will die off. please help